Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home Run a.k.a. Berekot Balit Rumah

As you may have correctly guessed, I'm back in Sibu already.  But not without much obstacles.  Ah well, it seems that I attract troubles like a magnet. 

We (my sis and I) almost couldn't make it to Sibu on the 22nd.  It's a long story but I have the time if only you could bear with me. 

It's like this...

On the afternoon of 22nd, not wanting to miss our flight like we did the previous year, my sis and I both got ready early.  We then headed to the Penang Airport with 2 hours to spare only to find that our flight had been delayed for 35 minutes.  I cursed inwardly.  Now, I had to wait for 2 hours and 35 minutes, sitting in the cold airport doing nothing because I only got e-books and my laptop is without a battery.  Just great.  



I hate airports (except KLIA :p).  


I hate having to wait for transport to go to the airport.  I would get butterflies in my stomach and I keep worrying if our transport hasn't arrived and this only adds wrinkles to my face.  


I hate having to look after my stuff at the airport.  Because if you don't, they could get stolen.  


I hate waiting at the airport.  It's boring and cold.  Besides, I can imagine the fat multiplying in my butt for sitting too long.  


I hate checking-in my luggage.  Because I had to be careful while packing my stuff so as not to exceed the maximum weight or else I would be charged.  I'm poor.  And I hate packing.  


I hate the stores at the airport.  They charge ridiculously high prices for stuff you could easily get for cheaper prices if you just step outside the building.  


I hate carrying my stuff.  They are heavy.  Very, very heavy.  


I hate the staff at the airport.  Most of them anyway.  Air hostess aside, most of them are simply rude.  


In short, I hate everything about the airport except maybe the toilets.  They are quite clean, you know. 


To cut a long story shorter (I said short-er, 'kay?), the problem only came up when we reached LCCT.  Yeah, we were flying with Air Asia.  Again, this is one ride that I hate. 

BUT. 

Hear me out first.  I'm not here to make a protest against Air Asia.  Let's continue the story. 

When we arrived in KL, we went to check-in our luggage immediately together with the Leech (Yes, somehow, we took the same flight home) only to find that the counter was already closed.  Not wanting to give up, I approached a staff at the next counter and inquired about the flight.  She checked the schedule and said, "It has departed." 


Huh? Did I hear her correctly? 


Unconvinced, I said,"How come? It's supposed to depart 15 minutes later!"
"Yah, 15 minutes later but you're only here now?" she started to ignore me. 
I was furious.  "NO! We got delayed in Penang by AIR ASIA!"
Only then did she turned her head to face me and said,"Go to counter R59/R58." 


Shit la that lady.  Who do you think you're bluffing? Air Asia flying before the scheduled time? Hoho.  Think I was born yesterday?

So, to counter R58 the three of us went.  At first, he told us that we could only board the next flight which will be at 6 a.m. the next morning, WTH.  Then suddenly, he got a call and the next thing we knew, we were checking-in our luggage and ran all the way to the gate and towards the flight only to see that it was jammed.  Hahaha.  I knew it.   


Meanwhile, the Leech kept bugging me all the way asking me about the sandwich that she had ordered online.  WTF.  What's so important about it? You're about to miss a flight and all you care about is your damn stale sandwiches? Whoa, even wanted me to ask the staff about it.  Gila!  You go ask him yourself la.  What do I care? Should have asked me nicely instead of, "Eh, you have to help me ask about this sandwich that I've ordered online."  Have to? Hello, aunty.  Why do I have to? Even the staff ignored the question and I didn't pursue it further.  Menyampah betul. 

Hm... okay.  I have always hated flying with Air Asia because of many reasons which will take me forever to list down.  Wahaha.  Don't sue me.  I'm a consumer, I get the right to complain, right?
But, there are certain things about Air Asia that impresses me, such as:

1. Luggage handling
Not to say that the luggage are handled very carefully because my bags always look very worn out on the belt.  But so far, I've never lost a bag with Air Asia (not gonna jinx it), that is they don't send your bags to the wrong flight no matter how chaotic the situation is (e.g. our situation).  With airlines such as MAS, we've experienced it twice.  Can you imagine how frustrating and inconvenient it is to not have your luggage with you? You can, right?

2. Not forced to miss your flight
Like the situation that I've mentioned above, we could still get on the flight even 15 minutes before departure time.  Actually this is the second time.  The last time I had the same experience was even more exciting.  I only got 5 - 10 minutes to spare!  But with MAS, "Even if you're the Governor, we won't wait for you."  It's because I'm not a governor that you should wait for me.  I'm poor and I don't have any money to buy new tickets ok? Bongok. 

3. The smell of the airplane
I can't stand the smell of MAS airplane.  Period. 


Now, I'm not condemning MAS; just comparing these two airlines cos I've never experience the service of other airlines.  I think.  But if I really am given a choice, I would pick MAS.  Why? Hohoho, this is one very embarrassing excuse but because I'm very honest, I'll tell you.  With MAS, I don't have to walk so far to get to the airplane because the entrance is connected to the building.  Heehee.  My hand-carried stuff are really heavy because they are filled with souvenirs for family members at home.  Oh, I'm such a filial daughter *shy a.k.a. tersipu-sipu*.

So, that's about all I have to say about my journey back home this time.  I don't know why there always seem to be obstacles on my journey home.  As Shakira put it, the way back home is always long.  But once you arrived, it's always worth the trouble.  *sigh* Home sweet home indeed.

How about you guys? Any trouble getting anywhere before?  











1NewMessages: This post was written on 29th November 2009.  Can you believe how long I had to wait to post it up???? It's all because of the damn internet connection at home!!!  I'm now at my cousin's house :) Will try to blog more often.  Actually I spent a lot of my time watching DVDs at home and going out with friends because I always have a near-death experience whenever I'm bored.  Lol.  Wish Pa will get a wireless soon~~

3 comments:

Jay said...

tertunggu-tunggu nak baca entry you. nice to see you back. enjoy your stay in sibu. masih byk buah2 di market. mun jumpa jgn sik tegur hehe...

Mad Maureen said...

owh, but i prefer MAS to Airasia because of the bau nauseous food smell of the Air Asia food.. :S

mcjayn said...

Thanks, Jay :) I'm glad to be back too. Good news! Pa just applied for wireless :D But it'll take a few days to work la. Hehe. Harap bagus la. OH, buah durian beta belum try lagi... hanya dabai saja. mun jumpa aku gerenti tegur janji aku dapat cam. aku salu jak salah nangga org. kadang-kadang aku tegur salah org sampai bercakap-cakap dgn mereka tapi kemudian kami masing-masing x tahu nama. cover la katakan...

mau, when the food arrive i x tahan. i was talking abt the smell of the cabin yg sebelum d food arrive punya...