Friday, June 11, 2010

Buku Besok a.k.a. Book of Tomorrow

This is what I have been spending my time on lately:

A book by Cecilia Ahern. 

I know somebody has not read the book and I am not going to spoil the surprise by telling here. 

Instead, I think I'll settle for the synopsis given at the cover of the book.  So, here it is:

Tamara Goodwin has always got everything she's ever wanted.  Born into a family of wealth, she grew up in a mansion with its own private beach, a wardrobe full of designer clothes, and a large four poster bed complete with a luxurious bathroom en suite.  She's always lived in the here and now, never giving a second thought to tomorrow. 

But then suddenly her dad is gone and life for Tamara and her mother changes forever.  Left with a mountain of debt, they have no choice but to sell everything they own and move to the country to live with Tamara's Uncle and Aunt.  Nestled next to Kilsaney Castle, their gate house is a world away from Tamara's childhood.  With her Mother shut away in grief, and her Aunt busy tending to her, Tamara is lonely and bored and longs to return to Dublin. 

When a traveling library passes through Kilsaney Demesne, Tamara is intrigued.  She needs a distraction.  Her eyes rest on a mysterious large leather bound tome locked with a gold clasp and padlock.  With some help, Tamara finally manages to open the book.  What she discovers within the pages takes her breath away and shakes her world to its  core...


Okay, here's a little spoiler.  Only a little clue as to what you are going to find within the pages. 

The book which Tamara found was actually a diary which contains prediction about what was going to happen on the next day.

So far, the books written by Cecilia Ahern that I've read portrays a brave woman who has to deal with some of the biggest challenges that life has to offer.  Unlike P.S. I love you, The Book of Tomorrow could attract not just the older readers but also the younger ones. 

There is a secret lurking in every corner of the house where Tamara's mother grew up in, waiting to be discovered.  As I read the book, I had a lot of questions which made it hard to put down.  To console myself (if I had to leave the book for meals/sleep/shower),  I would make my own guesses as to how the story would turn out. 

As usual, I was not that far from the truth :p Hehe.  If you are a regular movie goer  or book reader, you would be able to do the same too.  I mean, the storyline would not differ that much from one another.  Only the settings and the characters vary.  

After talking so much about the book... I was hoping that you would read it too and share your opinion about it.  It's always interesting to find out what others feel about the characters in the story. 

Enjoy reading~

1NewMessages: The school holidays are coming to an end... Huhu.  Only a week left.  I may not be able to update my blog that often.  Sorry, folks but I'll try whenever I can :)  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Gnet said...

Aku belom baca habissss. Sebok ber-holiday. Haha. After this balik rumah, I will definitely finish it. 1/4 left to be read. Teehee

mcjayn said...

holiday kawu ya nang... haha. anyway, it was a nice surprise to have u here. aku dah ada sikit-sikit intuition kawu akan dtg. ni tauk benar-benar. hehe. miss u~ kinek tuk mek org xda org ambik gambar. kelak tunggu mak cik sorang ya balit ada gik. oh, aku mauk gambar kiut kita ariya... (adjective ya nang dah seiring ngan perkataan "kita" :p)