Monday, April 11, 2011

She Ain't Heavy...

'Cos she's very thin.  


This is Baby, my sister.  Don't be fooled by her looks; she's two years YOUNGER than me ;p 


Since we were little, we shared almost everything - bedroom, clothes, schools, friends, and of course, secrets (though some I keep to myself because she's quite a blabber-mouth :p). 


However, no matter how close siblings are, they do quarrel occasionally.  For us though, the frequency is a little bit higher.  We like to "throw tongues" (bertikam lidah) at each other anytime, anywhere.  Sebab ya lah kitakorang rasa takut ngan mekorang.  Menyampah pun ada ku rasa.  Hehe.  


Well, I do admit that it is embarrassing to fight in public but we do it anyway.  Guess it has become a habit we find hard to get rid of.  


The topic of our bickering ranges from very serious stuff to insignificant matters.  The unimportant stuff usually starts with teasings which would eventually lead to rapid-fire arguments and then silent treatment that we give each other.  Most of the time, the dust would settle and things would return to normal again after an hour or two.  Or there appears something that catches our interest more than each other which made us forget our little war.  


The more serious stuff however, usually stems from "unfinished business" like complaints about each other.  For this one, the duration lasts a little longer, usually for a day or two.  Then the next time we see each other, we pretend that we have forgotten our grudges and so the world is at peace again. 


Mum had long given up trying to become a referee when we fight.  So long as we do not try to kill each other, she will keep one eye closed.  Our friends, on the other hand, are not used to these craziness.  Regardless of how many times we try to show them that it is just one of the things we do, we could never manage to convince them that we are not blowing off each others' head anytime soon.  


So on April Fool's day, Baby suggested that we play a little prank on our beloved friends by pretending to have a fight on Facebook.  As usual, our friends who read the statuses and comments we posted on each others' walls saw a DANGER sign.  LOL.  


It was not hard to put up the act at all considering how much practice we had.  Our friends got fooled and many even tried to get us to reconcile only to discover later that it was actually an April Fool's prank.  Ngeahahaha, padan muka!  :p


Okay, I apologize about our little stunt but we only wanted you guys to know that we were only going through our sisterly routines.  Quarrels aside, we do actually have other things that show our sisterly devotion towards each other.  


For instance...

No matter how many times I told Baby that if she would have to carry her overweight luggage on her own, I would still help to carry it together with her in the end.  

No matter how I scold her for her negligence in handling her things (especially expensive stuff), when she lost any, I would still lend her mine and help her get resources to retrace her things back.  

No matter if we had just had an argument, and she saw how tired I was, she would still help to carry my things or do the house chores for me (except the pool party time when she was lazy tahap cipan).  

No matter how many times I scolded or criticized her, she would still come to me for advice and consultation for serious matters.  And even though I always tell her to grow up and make her own decisions, I would still provide some guidelines and tips on how to make sound judgment.  


That is how our relationship works.  We fight and we cry but we also laugh and need each other (actually, she needs me more, hehe).  Because not all siblings have the lovey-dovey kind of relationship.  Nevertheless, it works for us and I think it is what makes our relationship stronger.  

*sigh* 
This post is getting corny, which is not really my style.  Before I end this post, here's a song I would like to dedicate to Baby: 


The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another
It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

(He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies) 


Enjoy!  It's as old as you.  

Happy Birthday, Sis.  

13 comments:

step.on.top said...

ayoyo~ama~apa~tambi~~ayoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo~

sekarang tiba2 rasa rindu mo cakar2 sama adek.

word verification : buress..mun jak s ya jd t.....

jeans lusuh said...

tetak2 jak aku mengingatkan amau's attempt utk post ur fake argument dlm twitter tp aku still sik perasan wakakakakaka...

btw, aku d adik beradik aku pun gadoh d public. cuma adik beradik ku xda sitok, if not, akn jd bahan tontonan juak hahaha....

gaduh2 merapatkan kita bah...

Joe Jr. said...

totally makes me miss my baby at home... my one and only brother.... we fight smpy pukul2 but still i love him and he still mo manja2 ngan sy...

yeah we do fight in public too... my bro and i.. but that doesnt mean we hate each other... my family owes think tat i never get over bcoming bongsu tak jadi but actually ada adik makes me more independent... and i love him so much and mel makes me miss him... i dun miss my sisters coz i get to see them this SUNDAY!!!! yippie... both of them... my eldest sister is coming to penang... haha...

Mad Maureen said...

Erm erm now your readers will know that my name is Baby, but it's okay cos you say that I'm thin hahah. THanks for this post..

ANd yeah i rather we quarrel till forever (not the serious quarrel though *touch wood*) and not be too polite with each other or be awkward when together... hahah. I don't want our relationship to turn into like most of our relatives relationship.. hahha.


Biar mati reputation, jangan mati sisterhood haha.

Mad Maureen said...

The part about 'she needs me more?" eleh. i disagree.. i'm your atm, remember? :P

*dah start nak gaduh2 plak hahah*

Mel Malden said...

haha. gaduh ya standard. aku ngan adek ku siap gusti.haha.

baby ka ya. dah besa nya gyk still baby? hahaha :P

mcjayn said...

Melod: iboh kawu melod. nya bangga ngan namanya ya...

baby: ur my atm, but i'm ur chef, driver, tukang angkat barang, teman jalan2, fashion consultant (for big events), tutor, examiner, artist, etc. which one is more? kira sendiri.

joe: betul2. x dpt nak jadi watak yg serious and penyayang. rasa geli :p hehehe

seluar biru keras yg lusuh: tapi kawu ada kuasa veto. aku xda. rampasan kuasa sentiasa berlaku T_T oh, mahaguru, sila tunjuk ajar. turunkan kuasa anda utk diriku ini...

step: x lamak gik balit la. bole kawu main pukul2 guna hanger ngan nya kelak. hehe.
psst~ word verification ya ikut org nya juak ba :D

Mad Maureen said...

i'm your tukang buang sampah, tukang inform news (dari mama), tukang cuci pinggan (aku malas time pool partay? aku malas? aku tak tolak rezeki sbb Alvin dh tolong ba.. herm..)


tukang masak tu sebab ko suka memasak. so i give u chance to show your skill la... tukang angkat barang, mcm la aku tak tolong ko angkat barang ke rumah ko... kat airport tu sekali sekala. 4 kali setahun. tapi dari tesco ke rumah ko, 2 kali sebulan pun ada. Btw, remember how Tom let Lynette feel that Tom depended on her just to let her feel she's in control of everything? ah.. that's how i do it too. I let you feel that i need to depend on you since that will make you feel secured as an older sister.. :P

step.on.top said...

stat dah nya 2 klai sia!!!!

coba imejin smpe amau tua alu cucunya tunggah, "nenek BABY, lihat abang itu...beliau cucuk buwit saya! abis bubus pampers saya!! nenek BABY, sila bukut2 beliau!"

tym tok cucu amau adalah kacukan iban, cina, melanau tp terer berkaka mlaysia yg amat baku!

mcjayn said...

lol. tang ada.

baby: i let u help me in order to make u feel more independent ok. like ur useful. aku semua tu boleh polah kedirik. cuba fikir sebelum anda sampai penang, bgmn saya buat semua itu? HUH~
i dun need to feel control of everything. it just somehow come to me. things/people just like to be controlled by me. cthnya, you.

Boni said...

hahaha...sy jeles ada adik bradik yg mcm ni..ni yg buat sy mo ada adik, atau ada abg/kakak..huhu...but...

mcjayn said...

Boni anak tunggal ka? baru saya tau...

Boni said...

ya..lebih kurng mcm tu la.... pjg cerita dia.. hik3